Coaches Code of Ethics
In order for any coach to participate in the Percy Priest Ducks Youth Program, we require all coaches to sign & agree to the Coaches Code of Ethics. We take player’s growth & safety important and expect all coaches to abide by and follow our code of ethics. Download Coaches Code of Ethics
Percy Priest Ducks Coaches Code of Ethics
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players/cheerleader ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will treat each player/cheerleader as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for all players & cheerleaders.
- I promise to review and practice basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players/cheerleaders.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all players/cheerleaders.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all players/cheerleaders.
- I will not cheat or engage in any form of unethical behavior that violates NYFL and/or Percy Priest Ducks league rules.
- I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and I will teach these rules to all players/cheerleaders.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for all of the skills that I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.
- I promise to always teach the importance of hard work, teamwork & persistence.